So I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately… Do I start a BookTube channel? I’ve been Tweeting about it quite a lot as well, ‘umming’ and ‘ahhing’ about whether it would be the right thing to do. I would still carry on with this blog – my blog is my pride and joy and I could never give up writing about books. But YouTube seems to be where it’s at right now… Right?
More people seem to be going onto YouTube and prefer watching a review or book haul than reading about one.
The problem is, I have anxiety. I have depression. With this comes major problems when it comes to me starting a BookTube channel:
1) Will anyone even watch me?
2) What if I mess everything up and it becomes a mess?
3) I did a poll on Twitter asking if I should start a BookTube and some people said ‘no’. Why did they say ‘no’? That made my anxiety go crazy because I started stressing about the fact that people don’t enjoy what I do.
4) Eveyone has their go-to BookTubers so why would anyone come and watch me?
5) If I keep thinking and voicing the above point, then people will start thinking that I am actually boring because I keep saying so. I’m really not, by the way!
See?! Problems… So many problems and my head isn’t just going crazy over it.
I want to start one. I want to see what it’s like. I want to see if it may get me more recognition. But most of all, I just want to share my love of books to a wider audience, to the people who don’t want to go on a blog and read a full post.
Maybe… Just maybe…
What do you guys think? If you click on this post and read it, please please leave a comment about any advice you have for me and what you would like to see me do. Also, please include a reason because if you think I shouldn’t start one, I really would love to know why!